An alternative and very economical option to visit Machupicchu, where you take a transportation and have the opportunity to walk through the railway to Machupicchu.
- DURATION: 2d/1n
- TRANSPORT: Mini Van / Trek
DAY 01: CUSCO – HYDROELECTRIC – AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN
We are going to pick up from your hostel at 07:30 am to take the bus to the town of Ollantaytambo where we will stop to have breakfast (optional) then continue with the trip ascending towards the Abra Malaga (4,350m.a.s.l.) then we the descent through High Jungle through the towns like Alfamayo – Huiro – Santa Maria (1,250m.a.s.l.) to Santa Teresa (1,500m.a.s.l.) where we will have lunch, in this way we can appreciate the typical flora of the place and appreciate the natural landscape. After our lunch we will continue to Hydroelectric by car arriving approximately at 15:30 pm. Then from here we our walk along the railway for 2hrs and 30 minutes aprox. to the village of Aguas Calientes, where we will have our night and our dinner respectively. Before dinner you will have a briefing with the guide in order for the tour the next day.
DAY 02: AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN- HYDROELECTRIC – CUSCO
On this day we left the hostel at 04:30 a.m. to do a walk of 1 hour 30 minutes arriving at 06:00 am. or taking the bus that leaves at 05:30 am. (optional) with address to Machu Picchu. 30 minutes
Where we will have a guided 2 hours for the most important parts. and then they have free time to explore the citadel.
They are recommended to descend from mchupicchu at 11:30 am. doing the walk directly to Hidroelectrica, which will be picked up at 14:30 hrs.
The other option is to get off by bus or take the hike to Aguas Calientes to take the train at 1:30 p.m. with direction to Hidroelectrica. (optional)
For more then return by the same route to Cusco arriving 22:00 hrs. approximately.
- Tourist transportation round trip (Cusco / Hidroelectrica / Cusco)
- 01 lunch, 01 dinner (first day), 01 breakfast (second day).
- 01 night accommodation Hostal (private bathroom, hot water 24 hours, wi-fi, tv cable).
- Entrance to Machupicchu.
- Professional tour Guide in Machupicchu.
- Bus CONSETTUR up and down Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes.(Extra cost).
- Tickets Waynapicchu Mountain or Machupicchu Mountain – Extra cost 17.00 dollars. (This will be booked months in advance).
- Train back from Aguas Calientes to Hydroelectric. (Opcional)